Skip to content
- Micro-nations are self-declared independent states that want to become countries through legal loopholes.
- There are 7 micro-nation in the U.S. with their own flags, passports, stamps, and government system.
- Once a micro-nation is recognized by a few sovereign states they are no longer considered micro-nations.
- Sealand is sometime described as the smallest country, but hasn’t actually been recognized by any sovereign state.
- The micro-nation, Sealand, is actually a WW2 anti-aircraft platform in the North Sea.
- The difference between micro-nation and micro-states is that micro-states are very small pieces of land that are recognized as countries.
- There are about 82-84 micro-nation.
- Ladonia is a micro-nation in Sweden, created in 1980 by artist Lars Vilks.
- The Queen of Ladonia has a twitter account.